Arugula, Arugula and Grains, Arugula in Soup, Baby Arugula, Cooking Arugula, Five ways to enjoy arugula, Grains, Greens, Healthy Eating, lentil soup, Recipe Ideas, Recipe Links, side dish, Superfood, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Whole Grain Pasta
Here’s another “green” that has been classified as a “Superfood.” At only 16 calories per two-cup serving, it is packed with nutrients, including vitamin A (great for your eyes and vision) and Vitamin K (known for bone-building). Mature arugula has a spicier, peppery taste, while baby arugula has a milder flavor with the same health benefits.
Here are some suggested ways to enjoy arugula:
1. Add arugula leaves to a salad of other greens.
2. Add arugula leaves to a sandwich.
3. Saute arugula leaves in a small amount of olive oil and serve as a side dish, or add to cooked quinoa, brown rice or whole grain pasta.
4. Add 2 cups of arugula to vegetable or lentil soup.
5. Place arugula leaves on a pizza prior to baking.
Love, Health & Happiness,