It can be difficult to want to eat healthier and not have the habits developed yet, so here are some suggestions to get you on your way. Choose one or two to practice this week. Start from where you are and ease into any changes gradually so that they will become lasting new habits.
1. Decrease portions of unhealthy foods as you develop a new healthy eating lifestyle. For example, eat one less slice of pizza than usual or don’t have seconds.
2. Add vegetables to what you already eat. Have vegetables washed, cut into pieces and ready to eat in the refrigerator. They will be easy to snack on with a dip like hummus or put into a salad.
3. Have a side salad with lunch and or dinner.
4. Plan your snacks, especially when on-the-go. Have a piece of fruit and a small handful of almonds or some raw vegetables.
5. Buy fresh fruit to eat daily when you want something sweet, for a snack or with a meal.
Love, Health & Happiness,
Pingback: Put Your Oxygen Mask On « Creating a Healthy Lifestyle