A serving of almonds or whole grain crackers may tide you over until you get home if you are out longer than expected and find yourself getting hungry or just wanting to eat something. Almost anything you make in your own kitchen is going to be healthier, and lower in fat and calories than anything you can get at a fast food restaurant or coffee establishment.
Here are food items that travel well:
1. Almonds, whole grain crackers and whole wheat pretzels, in single serving containers, can be kept in your car or in a purse or backpack.
2. Most other snacks are perishable and will need to be stored in an insulated lunch bag or mini ice chest.
– Whole Fruit: apple, banana, peach, pear, nectarine, plum, apricot, blueberries, pack some napkins too!
– Cut up Fruit: watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, or a mini fruit salad, remember to bring a fork!
– Raw vegetables: carrot sticks, celery sticks, sliced red bell peppers, jicama sticks, and napkins!
– Dairy: string cheese, yogurt and a spoon!
3. Water is always a great choice. Sometimes when we feel hungry, we are actually dehydrated and drinking water may be just what we need instead of food.
Love, Health & Happiness,